My classwork has completely taken over my life the past few days.
I’m upset with myself because I was supposed to run yesterday morning but didn’t because I didn’t get enough sleep the night before and knew how it would kill me both during my run and later that day. So I just told myself I would run tonight. Nope. I’m so tired and burnt out.
I didn’t even come home from the photo lab until about 1:45am last night and ate pizza and salad at 2am. All day today I’ve been eating random leftovers with my roommate because we need to start getting rid of food before we leave for the Summer. And by leftovers I mean steak, fries, Italian bread, pasta.
Right now I’m not sure if I even feel bad about it because I am a MAJOR stress eater. Healthy food isn’t even appetizing to me at times like this. I don’t understand why this happens and why I can never ever get over it. It’s so hard.
I’m worried about what the next week and a half will be like because I still have a whole week of classes and then finals. I’m trying so hard to be strong. And I know deep down that it could always be worse and that in just a couple weeks I’ll be home away from all the temptations at school.
Plus after this Wednesday, the majority of my work for Finals will be done and all I’ve have to do is study for 3 test which I’m not that worried about. So that should give me more time for the gym and to make healthier choices.
Here are my April goals that I accomplished!
- walk to class more (though not as much as I wanted)
- use hand weights more often
- less cheese/non-whole grain breads (also drinking less milk
and replacing with nut milks)
- Soda 1/x week (doing really well! I had soda the other day
and I think the carbonation really upset my stomach. Good sign!)
- Make a workout calendar (I’ve been doing this for the whole week
and it helps me stick to a routine better. Also I made the May
Summer Body Challenge for this month!)
- Get toning back in legs and arms (they’re coming back!)
Here are my May goals!
I’m making it right now :)
So I decided tomorrow night I am going to allow myself a cheat meal of wings from a place on campus. I already looked on the website and figured out all the nutritional info and logged it to MyFitnessPal. I also planned out my breakfast and will plan out the rest of my meals to make sure I still don’t go way over my goal. Even though it’s a cheat meal, I still want to stay in a safe range for the whole day.
Plus I’m planning on going for my long run tomorrow morning. I’m aiming for 5.5 miles with a few intervals probably. Ahhhh! I can’t believe how far I’ve come :)
Tips for cheat meals:
- Plan ahead! I’m starting this new thing where I write on my calendar a day that I will allow myself a cheat meal ONLY if I think I’ve done well enough to deserve it. This is usually after 1 1/2 - 2 weeks of a good workout routine and healthy eating.
- Look up nutritional info! If you’re planning on going out with friends or family or to a party, look up the nutrition info first and plan out what is the best choice so you can both enjoy your time while not getting too out of control.
Like I said, I already planned out what I’m eating tomorrow before I have my cheat meal so I am less likely to eat bad the whole day. We all know how it is when you eat one bad thing, it’s sometimes just a spiral effect. Be careful and enjoy that cheat meal! Work it off and continue on with your progress. No worries :)